Another No Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

emfxr

OK SO FIRST TIME FLYER HERE. LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF VALUABLE INFO!
I WENT TO START MY 1996 GSX I HAVE NEVE HAD A PROBLEM BUT MY EYES ? WELL THEY NOT SO GOOD I HOOKED UP BATTEY BACK WARDS BLEW A 5 AMP FUSE UP FRT AND BLEW A FUSE TO THE TRIM IM NOT SURE IF THE TRIM HAS TO BE HOOKED UP TO START BUT I HAVE ANOTHER OUT OF MY OTHER XP AND WHEN PLUGGEN IN IT DOESNT BLOW THE FUSE SO HERES WHAT HAPPEN HOOKED UP BLEW FUSEES UNHOOKED HOOKED UP PROPERLY THEN IT BEEPED TWICE PUSH BUTTOM=N NO START NO CLICK LIHT CAME ON DASH GAUGES READ NO FLASHING JUST NORMAL 2 BEEPS AND YES I DID HAVE A JUMPER BATTERY ON IT (AG-FTER READING OTHER POST BIG HELP ) SO WHILE I WAS TRACING WIRES AND CHECKING VOLTAGE LITTLE SMOKE??? NO BEEPS NO MORE LIGHTS NOTHING STRAIGHT 12 VOLTS ALL GOOD BUT NOTHING AT SELANOID WHEN I JUMP SELANOID ENGINE CRANKS RIGHT OVER AND CLUE WHERE I CAN FIND ELECTRICAL DIAGRAMS AND AND OR POINT ME IN DIRECTION WHERE TO LOOK I CAN FIND NO OTHER FUSES OTHER THAN IN BACK AND IN FRT BOX ALL GOOD NOW BUT NOTHING? DID I FRY THE MPEM?? CAN I TEST SOMETHING ELSE?P.S. ON LAST THING WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A GOOD 800 FOR MY 1996 X/P ? I WENT WITH SKI-DOO THEY SEEM FAR MORE RELIABLE THANN ALL OTHERES AND PARTS SEEM EASY TO FIND ? THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT MACHINE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT (IF YOU CAN PUT UP WITH THE HORRIBLE GRAMMAR ) SINCERLY FRUSTRATED:stupid:

Welcome to the forum....

If your looking for another motor, you can find one for about $850 bucks with a core charge.
By hooking up your jumper cables backwards, you supplied 24 volts to your system, popping every fuse along the way I'm sure.
You said you replaced them and got two beeps.
You really need to charge a battery if you can and don't jump it, especially in troubleshooting......but with a fully charged battery and the lanyard cap off, push the start/stop button 5 times. You should hear a short beed and a long beep. Then, put your cap on and push the button. If you hear more beeps, count them and re-post.
There is a good chance you fried your mpem, but even then, the beeps should say so........
BTW, please don't type in all caps....we can deal with the typos and bad grammar, but no need to type in all caps (you know in computer language, that means your screaming at us.)

:agree: Welcome to the seadoo forum emfxr. If I read correct (little smoke?) Rule of thumb...if you let the smoke out of any componets...it's fried! Keep us posted on your progress.

OK

Well installed new battery check wiring replaced fuses 5 as,p was blown to compter ?(up frt) also found mt trim vts motor frozen and the fuse keep blowing in the back by the starter selanoid the second one in series 10 amp?and i plugged another vts from my xp , no more blown fuse , this is a great forum i have found so many tips here but i still have nothing? did the 5 pushes before cap is installed and no beeps no clicks if i jump across selanoid motor cranks over nothing on dash?
3is there any fuses any where inline or just in boxes frt and rear and is there a wiring diagram i can obtain to see that i have power up to the frt or at gauges and should i remove gauge cluster to check power behind and or any fuses?
i thought maybe bad post at security and did the 5 clicks but nothing at all good 12 volts powernothing happening and may i ask what a mpem is? thanks again you guys are great ! sorry about the caps:hurray::hurray:

THAT'S OK WE DON'T MIND BEING SHOUTED AT...just kidding. If you want to join as a premium member you can download a authentic seadoo manual which includes a wire diagram, troubleshooting guide, with a complete location of parts and components. The manual can be read on line as a pdf file or it can be downloaded and printed off for you personal and privet use. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link for details. If you still need help or advice give us a holler back and I'm sure you get a quick response. I have been a premium member for a while now and it has been a great time saver at a great price. All the funds keep the seadoo forum running, so it is a great value. Keep us posted if you need any more help.

Karl

Thank you!

Im in im goin now , I do have mechanical background and asking question is the best learning toll research Thanks again snipe , Kustomkarl:cheers:

SO your 5 amp fuse is holding now? what you describe is a common problem I have knowledge of. Check the 5 amp fuse again and let us know if it is popped.

Thanks...

Wiring....

Most of the info on your GSX is going to be in the "supplemental" manual. Including your wiring diaghram.
Hell, fogot what I was going to say, had to go back out.
Your advanced test sounds like your system is o.k.
Without the lanyard key on the post, you push the start/stop button 5 times and you should hear a long and short beep. Then, put the cap on the post. If you get no more beeps, that's suppose to mean that all is well and the motor should start.

5 amp is great

push button test i have nothing ok i have done the the fuse hseck i have the diagrams and i am now looking for voltage at the different test spots diagram is very confusing but i do have vts trim all my fuses are solid but i ahve nothing at info screen no beeps nothing? i must have fried a main ground or power wire studying diagrams now and i need to do some voltage drop test see where the bad wire is my info center should have something ? and from what i read i have seen nothing to indicate that i just have a bad module.
did i mention that the old vts keep lowing fuse and when i plugged the one from my 1996 x/p i do not blow a fuse but still have no power at info center with either is there any one module or comuter that would stop me from seing any ights any beeps??? ( i need a beverage) :cheers: iim in new york and glad i have lots of time n=before i pile on the wet suit ! have a good night gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back