Alignment tool needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

XARiUS

Im in the Pittsburgh/Beaver Falls area and need to get my engine aligned, just took a 717 out of a GTI and threw it in a XP, does anyone know of somewhere i can either rent one or pay a few bucks and have it done quickly.

Thanks!

you can rent one but i think its $150 + shipping, probably cheaper to find a guy or a shop that can do it for you, the actual alignment itself, assuming your not way out of wack, and have a handfull of shim's handy, should only take 15 minutes max assuming you have the pump out and your prepped and ready. my guess is that If I took one to one of the mechanic's i know with the tool, that it would run me about $50, but thats just a guess.

call a couple of local shops, or find a guy on CL that has the tool in your area...

If I lived in the Pittsburgh area I would PM Old Doc Honda, in fact I would be his bestest friend.

Lou

NOt sure about the engine support plate yet, looked at the parts manuals and they are they same part numbers, so im hoping it works, yesterday i removed all the tanks, elect, ect and powerwashed the hull, lookin good btw, but im just trying to get the tools so i can try and have this beast runnin before i got to the lake on the 3rd of aug. -- im more concerned about the exaust, the exaust i have and the stock exaust on these xp's are slightly different. tonight im going to start reassembly, probably remove the jet pump/impeller shaft and mount the motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back