Air intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

easygoing

Anyone out there installed air intakes to their motors? I was thinkn bout gettn some. Riva has some I was eyeballn.

they probably won't do anything other than lighten your wallet.

On the 2 stroke boats, they can actually make the tuning unstable, and in most cases... the stock air box, and flame arrestor will flow more air than the engine will take.

They work a little better on the light weight skis.

Yeah....I was on the fence bout doing anything to the motors.. read the riva would increase a 1-2 mph increase and more throttle response per engine. I think I'm going to leave her alone though. Seems like money in ther wind right now..besides the bp shake going on! Could kill the summer of fun! Let alone everything else.

I am considering it....

I may buy a K&N Airfilter, attach it to the intake tubing and see if it makes a difference. I may just do a test without the intake (BOX?) attached first and see what it does. I heard the mph increase, and the rpm's obviously will come up as well. Not sure about the noise, but a test should help me find out. I saw the Riva filter was like $249. or something! way too much for me! Rick

Buy from k&N directly at their factory store its a little cheaper $70 i think the last time I checked, I have a intake from them on my spx and it definitely increased the performance noticeably. They are also a lot easier to get access to the carbs then the factory air-boxes for quicker maintenance. I would highly recommend them, they also look pretty nice with the chrome vs. the matt black box shape of the air-box. :cheers:

The Factory Air Box... Have Proven themselves...

They WORK.. and Don't allow Water to be injested!!

But if you want to make your back wallet thinner!!! Got for it!!

My .02

The Factory Air Box... Have Proven themselves...

They WORK.. and Don't allow Water to be injested!!

But if you want to make your back wallet thinner!!! Got for it!!

My .02

how much water is in the engine bay on a jetboat? sea-doo sure but jetboat?

You would have to soak the filter to do any harm, I run coen filter on my honda which is located and open to the ground right behind the bumper, ran in huge rain stroms no issues. Its not a carb two stroke, put an intake on it for cheap just buy some automotive alum tubing and get a universal filter for it and call it a day. Using ebay might cost you 50-80$ Or buy the pre made one for what 230$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back