Aftermarket Oil and Temp guages...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarfie

I'm thinking of instaling these after problems with hot starts and reading about some owners bypassing the oil injection system because they don't trust it after years of use.

I like the oil injection, the ECM can control the mixture depending on the boats use. Besides, mixing oil and gas is a hassle and you shouldn't let it sit for extended periods.

So, for added peace of mind, I want to add the guages. I found some that will look real nice next to the other guages. Question is, what temperature should a finely tuned, well running Mercury 240 EFI be running at. And what is the peak pressure in the oil pump?

I ask because they offer an oil guage that goes to either 80 or 100 PSI. Not sure which to get.

Wow!

I can understand about the wanting of real gages verses dummy lights. I haven't done any real research on this but in a standard V-6 engine, the thermostat starts to open at 160 degrees and fully at 180. The oil pressure in a newly rebuilt engine should be about 60 psi, with a minimum idle at 10 psi. But that would only apply to a 4 stroke. Oil pressure/flow changes according to the rpm's. I like the oil injection myself and after 11 years on the boat, it still runs fine. But I must admit, I'm always inspecting it for frayed cables and proper positioning. I'm going to do a flow test on it this winter...............
This is stuff off the top of my head and may not be applicable to the M2. You can go into the manual and look toward the back of the book. There is a specifications page. I'm sure there is info there that may be of use to you.
Holler at me if you need some help!..........I'll gladly go into the manual with you and see what I can find out. .....For now, I'm at work and don't have the time for the research!.................:hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back