Aftermarket MPEMs

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm starting this thread for discsssion of Aftermarket MPEMs. Like aftermarket fuel pumps for DI's the journey can be difficult. I have a couple of skis with the aftermarket MPEMs installed so that means I am going to try to figure them out. If others have worked on them and had and or solved issues please post up. 2-stroke We need to understand them because Seadoo owners are moving in this direction as part supplies dwindle and prices escalate on factory parts.

So far I have 2 problems. One is consistent between 2 GTIs. Installation of the battery and the ski goes live with a chirp. Any key inserted generates the "let's go" double beep. One ski, per customer is draining the battery. I did read that the wiring on the Aftermarket MPEMs don't always match up with the Seadoo wiring so the opportunity there is that we need a diagram. Power drain should be little if any when the ski is not active.

So owners report that when the insert the key the starter engages for a second. I had that problem on a ski and the starter didn't disengage until I pulled the battery cable but I believe that ski has a mag wiring issue. I tried that MPEM on the current ski I'm working on and it worked fine but I believe it will drain the battery as well.

Not sure how deep I am gonna go with this but I enjoy a challenge. I just need to find the source of the power drain. I could also install a battery switch which I have a couple available. That wold solve that quick fast and in a hurry. :D Skis starts and runs with the aftermarket MPEM:.

I have had a couple. They seem to work fine although the one I have now has never chirped. And yes if you leave the key in and replace the battery cable it starts cranking all by itself.

I have had a couple. They seem to work fine although the one I have now has never chirped. And yes if you leave the key in and replace the battery cable it starts cranking all by itself.
Man thanks for telling me that!! Good to know !! Good Stuff. I'm just getting started with this. I'll get to the bottom if there is one. Ha ha.

Back