Advice on Pennzoil Oil TC-W3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teched68123

I would like some good technican advice concerning using Pennzoil synthetic oil.

I have a SeaDoo 2002 GTX DI with a new engine.

It seems synthetic oil is the recommended oil for the engine. Wal-Mart sells the oil for around $10 a gallon.

What are the pros and cons with using this oil with the jet ski?

Thank you,

Ron

Doesn't the ski have a big sticker that says "NO TC-W3" right on it?

But hey, what does sea-doo know?

I think I got hit with this damn dead cat!

Pro: it's cheap.

Cons: your engine is gonna blow up lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Do NOT ever use TCW3 oil in a Rotax 2-stroke engine, use the oil recommended oil in the manual, I wasn't aware that DI's required a special oil, but since it does use the recommended oil. You might check Mosites in Pittsburgh, that's where I get my oil, I use BRP XPSII synthetic, about $40.00 a gal. shipped. You will at the very minimum need a API-TC rated full synthetic oil.

Lou

I would like some good technican advice concerning using Pennzoil synthetic oil.

I have a SeaDoo 2002 GTX DI with a new engine.

It seems synthetic oil is the recommended oil for the engine. Wal-Mart sells the oil for around $10 a gallon.

What are the pros and cons with using this oil with the jet ski?

Thank you,

Ron

TC-W3 does not provide adequate lubrication for the rotary valve on rotax engines.
The tiger toothed squirrel is right. You need to use the OEM synthetic or equivalent that is recommended for your engine. It runs about $50 per gallon.

Do NOT ever use TCW3 oil in a Rotax 2-stroke engine, use the oil recommended oil in the manual, I wasn't aware that DI's required a special oil, but since it does use the recommended oil. You might check Mosites in Pittsburgh, that's where I get my oil, I use BRP XPSII synthetic, about $40.00 a gal. shipped. You will at the very minimum need a API-TC rated full synthetic oil.

Lou
I have been looking for $40/gal oil shipped for while now but can only find $44.99 shipped, even at Mosties (unless there is a coupon code that you need)

Last summer I went through 12 gallons and had to pay $60-65 in Ontario. If any finds $40 shipped oil synthetic XPS oil let the forum know.

I have been looking for $40/gal oil shipped for while now but can only find $44.99 shipped, even at Mosties (unless there is a coupon code that you need)

Last summer I went through 12 gallons and had to pay $60-65 in Ontario. If any finds $40 shipped oil synthetic XPS oil let the forum know.

There's a thread the rodent started a couple of months ago with the info. I sent in an order to stock up for next summer, the oil could have increased in price since then.

Lou

Next spring... I should see what price oil is, if I buy 5 or 10 cases at a time from Mosities. I may be able to pass the savings on to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back