adding more grab handles mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

cli55er

i am working on adding more grab handles for the passengers. there will be two more down below the seats. this way the middle passanger has something to hold on to if they want.

running into some issues (gas tank is in the way to reaching back there for a bolt/nut combo, so i am trying to use the winged dry wall anchers. it works and it is simple to do.

i'll post pictures when i am done.

Hank

I would just be worried about durability... I mean unless i am looking at it wrong wouldnt you run the risk of the fiberglass being damaged by just screwing them in?? Wouldnt you need some kind of support in the rear of wha you are screwing into?

Stainless screws into the fiberglass hold pretty well on these boats. He also said he was using the butterfly type anchors. I think it should hold just fine.

pictures

here are the pictures i took today.

the ones on the port side i didn't have to cut the bolts at all, but the one on the starboard side i had to cut off about 1/2 an inch off the bolt and then feed the wing clamp in one side at a time instead of folded. that was the only trouble on the starboard side. the port side was straight forward.

Attachments

• IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1302.JPG
    IMG_1302.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1303.JPG
    IMG_1303.JPG
    960.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1304.JPG
    IMG_1304.JPG
    969 KB · Views: 38
more pictures

they are actually pretty sturdy. yanked on them pretty good and sat in the middle seat and grabbed them. they are just as tight as the factory ones. nevermind that they are dirty, but with them being white they kinda blend in and i like that.

my wife has to bend over a bit to reach them, but i can grab them and sit back fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    956.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.