!997 GTX Oil By-pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmasman

Just bought neighbors GTX and have read a couple of things talking about oil bypass or cutoff. I'm assuming there are relaibility issues with the oil injection? So is it recommended to bypass or cutoff and go with premix fuel?

RM

RM, you'll get a couple different answers here on the forum about Oil injector issues. I own a 1997 Challenger and perfer to keep the injector. I have checked the shaft that operates the injector and I am going to replace both parts with a new one because of it's age. This will give me peace of mind that it has new parts and working properly. The oil tank has to be kept in place as it adds lube for the main shaft in the engine from the same oil injector tank. This is just my opinion on the subject. I also like the convience of having only to worry about the price of gas at the marina, and not if they have the correct oil I use for my Jet boat. I also don't have to worry about the extra bottle of oil spilling or getting damaged while stored on the boat.
Karl

Ratio!

With the age of the boat comes issues with the oil injection system. If your mechanically inclined, then you may want to just continue to do the test and maintenance on the injector pump. There is only a couple tests to perform to ensure this works properly.
If you don't want the hassle, then you can remove the oil injector pump (held on by two small bolts) and pull out the teflon shaft. Put the pump back on. This will stop the injector pump from working and then you'll have to start premix. The ratio is 50:1. You will need to leave the tank on like Karl says in order for your rotary chamber to continue to be lubricated.
There are threads and procedures on the forum in doing this. Holler back if you have any further questions.

pre-mix

Hi there..Just thought i would add a little bit.Im rebuilding the top end of my rx at the moment and i have blocked off my oil and going pre mix just for safty...In the long run i know i will use more oil but will not have the worry about oil failure..I thought the pre mix was 40-1...can anyone let me know exactly the pre mix that i will use for my rx 2000.......nick

The carb. model with the Rotax 947 engine # 5313 5314...and not the DI...
I believe the proper Premix is the 50:1 You will still have to leave the injector Tank in tact and oil in it for the Rotary Chamber to be lubriciated. Read the above post on this thread, for more info... I checked the service manual and couldn't find the exact Ratio mixture for your doo. I do beleive all the rotary Rotax engines use the same ratio.
Karl

Hi karl....I have the 951 rx 2000 carb engine....I have reaserched this and have been told that i dont need to keep the injector tank......so getting a bit confused now.....

Thr Rotary Valve and shaft gets it lubrication from the hose from the Injector tank. If you look in the doo and follow the hose on the bottom of the injector tank you will see it goes to the crank case and adds lube to the shaft. On the other side of the case is a vent hose for a return to the tank. The feed line from the injector tank goes under the carbs/ intake manifold. There is a separite line that goes to the injector pump, which feeds the engine at the carbs. This line you can do away with.
Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
The research I did was on the 947 with the rotary shaft and valve. I'll research the 2000 RX 951Engine, and get back soon.

Here is what I found about the oil injection system. You can remove the tank and lines going to the engine. with the proper injector block off kit. We were talking about 2 different engines.
Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there...Thanks its good to have second oppinion on things..Im glad i found this site.....I have other issues with the rebuild so im hoping to get other info on things i am thinking of doing to the ski..Nick

Cool Nick, if you run into any problems or just have questions ask away. We are here to help. You might want to consider joining as a premium member to get access to the shop manual for your doo. Click on the "seadoo manual" link at the top of the page for details. The library from the seadoo forum's have all the authentic manuals from seadoo direct. I use the section for most of my information. They have diagrams, torque specs, and any info you might need. Let us know if we can be any more help.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back