99 XP LTD engine too loud? vibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPLTD99

Just bought Sea Doo XP LTD 99 and the engine sounds too loud. Can feel some vibration. Is that normal? As far as i know it has a digital ignition. Is that possible to have a "early ignition" Or that is a problem with the engine?
I made some video

Last edited by a moderator:
have no sound....:ack:, but the motor looked rebuilt, so its possible they did not align it correctly or missinf a few shims at the motor nmounts. Grab the exhaust and pull, see if any mounts are broken.

have no sound....:ack:, but the motor looked rebuilt, so its possible they did not align it correctly or missinf a few shims at the motor nmounts. Grab the exhaust and pull, see if any mounts are broken.
hi. thx for the reply. Yes, the engine was rebuilt. What do you mean by an "engine alignment"? Will definitely check mounts. Is there a specific quantity of shims ?

Is there a specific quantity of shims ?

Not really, amount of shims is based on how the motors aligned....may want to, at best, loosen the motor mounts abit and the bolts that thread into them..(at engine cradle and front mount), and "burp" the starter to help "seat" the motor align...

One thing is the rubber exhaust to exit hose is that has a history of delaminating on the inside. Usually at the bend, you can squeeze along the hose for a soft & weak spot. Hearing the motor, it sounds good in video, but I'm in Florida!

hard to tell from the video sound, but does the motor have a metal ticking sound? almost sewing machine like? is this the motor vibration you are referring to? if so, it usually is piston slap caused from water injestion. very common with the xp.

btw, it looks like a 98xp, the 99s had a silver seat. it is not fuel injected, regular carb model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back