99 gtx limited gauges in active

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreimo

Just joined this forum of fellow skiers for some needed help...

Been stumped for days

i have a 99 gtx limited that has neither the digital fuel/info center working or the analog speedo. They use to work properly and then they started working off and on while out on the water. Now both gauges are not working at all, both with lanyard on the post and lanyard off the post pushing start button even tried mode and set buttons
Ive seen alot of threads on changing fuel baffle fuses etc but not sure if there a point to that when both gauges arent working at all.

Please help cheers

The gauges have a common power source (12v.) which is daisy chained. The +12v. is purple and the ground is the black wire. Check and make sure you have +12v. and ground at the gauges. You probably will need a wiring diagram for your ski. Also check your fuses.

Lou

Id def check for 12v on those wires in the hood, but my guess is the digital gauge has crapped out and the speedo sensor is dead. Those die all the time.

If you need these parts let me know...I have one specifically off a 99 available as well as a speedo wheel and I ship to OZ land.

Minne, do you have any seat straps for a 2000 GTX? It's grey.

Also, what about that speedo pickup? I may need one. I hope to test in a few weeks.

There was something else I needed to... Can't seem to recall at the moment.

I dont have the strap, and I only think I have one good 3 wire speedo pickup in stock right now. You need a 3 wire b/c your gauge tells you lake temp. The GSXs dont.

The gauges have a common power source (12v.) which is daisy chained. The +12v. is purple and the ground is the black wire. Check and make sure you have +12v. and ground at the gauges. You probably will need a wiring diagram for your ski. Also check your fuses.

Lou

All fuses are good included rear box fuse. Ive tested the plug with a purple,black and purple/yellow in the hood its reading 11v i tested wire on the speed paddle while spinning by hand it read a low number obviously because spinning with finger.
Any one got the answer i need cheers

Weird you are only seeing 11v but I can only assume that would be enough. Gauges get water in them from flipping sometimes then its just a matter of time.

Weird you are only seeing 11v but I can only assume that would be enough. Gauges get water in them from flipping sometimes then its just a matter of time.

Ski has never been flipped, is there anyway to check gauges are working via electrical system?

Have you checked the ground wire, the black wire to the gauges. Check it with an ohm meter or a test light.

Lou

You might not have but have you owned it since new?

It would have happened a long time ago and it took some time to rot internally.

Have you checked the ground wire, the black wire to the gauges. Check it with an ohm meter or a test light.

Lou

i test the black and purple wires that seem to be daisy chained between the 2 gauges its reading really low number but still reading?

so you think could be gauges? i just don't want to go buy new parts until i definitely know just not really confident with electrical side of the ski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back