99 GTX Limited (957 engine) Oil Injection Filter Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkov608

Hi all. Is there any alternative to removing the tuned pipe to get to the oil injection filter on a 99 GTX limited? I had a 95 XP a few years back and it was easy to get to the filter. The Clymer manual suggests changing the filter every season, but some genius at Sea-Doo decided to put it in a spot where you can't get to it. :ack:

I'd also like to know if sombody knows where I can get a metal pressure test fitting for the jet pump. The plastic Sea-Doo part is too cheap.

One last question. When fogging the motor, where are you spraying the Sea-Doo lube? They forgot to make a hole w/ a plug in the intake silencer.

Fogging....

You can remove the cover on the flame arrestor and spray through it with the engine running.
The oil filter? The last time I looked, the 957 engine was a 2-cycle engine, so I'm not sure about what your looking for in the "oil filter" replacement.

The oil replacement is a bear to replace. It should be replaced every season. If the hose is long enough you might want to see if you could relocate it to a more convenient place.

ScubaDoo

You can remove the cover on the flame arrestor and spray through it with the engine running.
The oil filter? The last time I looked, the 957 engine was a 2-cycle engine, so I'm not sure about what your looking for in the "oil filter" replacement.

Thanks. That's exactly what I ended up doing. When I had my XP there was a small rubber plug right in the top that you could pull out and insert the small diameter tube that comes with the can. But then again. On that engine, the intake was on the bottom on the intake box not the top.

I was referring to the oil injection filter. Man they put that in a stupid location!

The oil replacement is a bear to replace. It should be replaced every season. If the hose is long enough you might want to see if you could relocate it to a more convenient place.

ScubaDoo

Great suggestion! Still I have to take the pipe off to get get to the oil injection fitler to do the work. What a pain!

Thanks for the quick replies!

Duh....

Duh.....egg in my face. For some reason, when I read your post, I thought you were talking about the oil filter in the 4 stroke engines........
Now, I know what filter your talking about. I guess that never occured to me, since mine is right up against the hull by the tank. Maybe the previous owner moved it, cause I have no problems getting to it.
But I don't see why it should be a yearly change item. The amount of oils moving through it are small.........but now, I guess, since it's been brought to light, I'll change mine too!............
Thanks for giveing me something else to have to do before riding season..:ack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back