99 GTX Battery Problem...HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALEX99GTX

Okay, So I got a 99 Sea Doo GTX and put a Brand New Sealed Battery in it a little over a month ago. The guy said it was charged and ready to go...
So I installed it and its ran great. Its been out for the last 3 Saturdays (but only a max of about 4 hrs total) and no problems....Until today. While riding a message came over by the Digital Spedo saying, "12v Low". Well my brothers were riding it so when I saw it I didn't know how long it had been on.
So i rode it for about 20 min after that and got off...But when I went to get back on...I went to crank it...and NOTHING. Not a thing. It would do the 1st hit of the crank and thats it.

I dont know much about Jet Ski's this is my 1st one.
Am I suposed to charge it b4 I take it out each time? Is the battery crap? or am I losing juice somewhere else...

and 1 more thing...Does it run off the battery all the time...I mean, theres no Altenator or the sort????

thanks for you help!
-Alex

The battery does not recharge itself on ski's as far as I know.
Get one of those low charge restorer chargers, and just leave it on there when not in use.
It makes your battery last so much longer.

Okay, So I got a 99 Sea Doo GTX and put a Brand New Sealed Battery in it a little over a month ago. The guy said it was charged and ready to go...
So I installed it and its ran great. Its been out for the last 3 Saturdays (but only a max of about 4 hrs total) and no problems....Until today. While riding a message came over by the Digital Spedo saying, "12v Low". Well my brothers were riding it so when I saw it I didn't know how long it had been on.
So i rode it for about 20 min after that and got off...But when I went to get back on...I went to crank it...and NOTHING. Not a thing. It would do the 1st hit of the crank and thats it.

I dont know much about Jet Ski's this is my 1st one.
Am I suposed to charge it b4 I take it out each time? Is the battery crap? or am I losing juice somewhere else...

and 1 more thing...Does it run off the battery all the time...I mean, theres no Altenator or the sort????

thanks for you help!
-Alex

No, you should not have to charge it every time you use it. The electical system charges the battery while the engine is running.
I know a lot of late 90's Sea-Doos had rectifier issues. My GTX RFI did the same thing yours was doing, I replaced the rectifier and it solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back