98 Jetboat hard start

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokar17344

I have a 98 Seadoo jet boat twin 787s. Last time I trie to start it, it took about 30 minutes. Both motors take an equal length of hard starting time. I would try one motor and then the other, trying not to overheat the starters. I would keep choking the motors and it never floods so it is starving for fuel. Even when the motor is still warm, 20 minutes after a good run, it has the same problem. It also starves for fuel at mid throttle. I replaced the fuel filters with similar automotive in line fuel filters but the problem keeps getting worse. Since it is common to both motors, it would not make sense to be a carb or fuel pump or filter problem. I am thinking a problem with an air leak in the tank, loosing its prime. Is there some common issue that I can look at without trying to discover it myself?
Any suggestions.

DO NOT KEEP RUNNGIN THE ENGINES !!!!!!

Hard starting... and "Starving for fuel" can both lead to dead engines.

I always start with a compression check... but I would take the carbs of, and give them a proper cleaning.

... I am thinking a problem with an air leak in the tank, loosing its prime...
Any suggestions.

Others here know far more than me, but the fuel tank is vented, so I think that eliminates the possibility that an air leak in the tank is causing the problem.

Yes... it is a vented system... but if you have an air lake in the fuel lines coming up to the carbs... it makes it hard to draw fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back