98 gtx locking up continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikj04

So I finally got out in the garage and tore apart the pwc and got the engine unlocked...I took it out and ran it with premix 40:1 and it ran fine...a little boggy but a lot longer than 5 minutes...this time it went for about 1.5 hours...then it just started bogging out and finally died. I did a compression check the front cylinder is at 150psi the rear is sittting at 40psi...oops:mad: I took the head off again and the cylinder doesnt seem to be scored to bad and there is a slight presence of oil/fuel going by the rear cylinders oring/head gasket...could it be I just need a new set or orings/head gaskets? Possibly a warpped head or do I need to jump into rings and a hone for the cylinders? Anymore help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your last responses!

Ouch! damage done :(

Honestly this isn't a question I can really answer for you, but if you bring the engine to a tech that can properly test the engine for warping then you'll have your answer for what to do next.

Pre-mix conversions

This is more of a question than a reply. When you convert to pre-mix do you leave the oil tank in so the rotary valve still has an oil supply? Both of my machines have 3 (4 if you count the fill tube) oil lines into the tank; 2 supply and 1 return. Thanks for any help.

You can just block off the oil to the carbs, and run premix. So yes, you leave it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back