98 GSX (947)Limited Overheating????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunk1

Well got my carbs dialed in thanks to you kind folks. Now I think I have a overheating problem developing. I just started riding this ski after it sat for about a year so I don't remember if it was like this before or not , but when I'm running along if I put my hand over the 2 little water outlets by the rear tow hook the water coming out is so hot I can't hold my hand there more than 5-10 seconds , on my 96 GSX (787) I can hold my hand there all day and the water is like bath water temp.
Any Thoughts
I checked my Pressure Regulator Diaphram and cleaned the valve. Don't see any obvious leaks in the system.
My temp warning light & beeper aren't going off but I don't want to take any chances. I guess I'm a temp gauge kind of guy.
Thanks in Advance
Hopefully We'll all be on the water this weekend.

Engine overheat!

There are so many things that can lead to engine overheating. First, I'd check to see that your water intake from your jet pump is free of blockage. When you flush the motor, does water come from the "tell-tell" holes, from the exhaust and from the jet pump? If there is water flowing throught the jet pump impellor area, that is the normal intake for the cooling system, so chances are, it isn't blocked.
There are other things, like the clearence on your rotary valve. If the tolereances drop, it can run hot and if the tolerances are to great, it can cause a hard starting situation.
.........I'll come back and edit this post as I find out more from reading.

Well got my carbs dialed in thanks to you kind folks. Now I think I have a overheating problem developing. I just started riding this ski after it sat for about a year so I don't remember if it was like this before or not , but when I'm running along if I put my hand over the 2 little water outlets by the rear tow hook the water coming out is so hot I can't hold my hand there more than 5-10 seconds , on my 96 GSX (787) I can hold my hand there all day and the water is like bath water temp.
Any Thoughts
I checked my Pressure Regulator Diaphram and cleaned the valve. Don't see any obvious leaks in the system.
My temp warning light & beeper aren't going off but I don't want to take any chances. I guess I'm a temp gauge kind of guy.
Thanks in Advance
Hopefully We'll all be on the water this weekend.
(update) >>>>Checked every hose and they are all clear. Removed the jet pump assembly all clear there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back