97 Seadoo GSX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone

My 1197Seadoo GSX seems to loose power at ~5100 RPM. I have replaced plugs and fuel filter and cleaned intake. Any suggestions?

Are you getting full power through the rest of the RPM range? Is this only under load, or will it also not rev to 5100 when out of the water?

I would check the carbs over first and make sure there isn't anyting that looks wrong or obvious with them. From there you should move on to looking at the coil box and make sure water hasn't gotten in.

Thanks for the help. Coil box was dry. Nothing obviously wrong with the carbs except that a set screw was missing and the choke knob only closed one...I fixed that but dobut it had anything to do with the problem. I also pulled cleaned and re-greased the RAVE valves. Seems to be tuning smoother at the high end on the trailer but we have had so much rain in Texas i haven't had a chance to test it on the lake. Anything else you think i should try before i do?

It will rev to full rpm on the trailor but still has the problem at the high end. Any other suggestions?

Well it did turn out to be the carbs. I finally took the boat to Waterworks Lewisville TX. they seem to have done a god job got the work done when they said they would. I would recommend them. They replaced the filters and cleaned the carbs...runs much better. I think biggest part of my problem was Ethanol in the fuel. I use Startron fuel addative for mm big boat, would you recommend it for the SeaDoo?

I don't use any additives in my boat, and haven't needed to. Just rebuild carbs when needed...

Glad it worked out for you. The filters gum up quite often on seadoos unfortunally, which leads to carbs gumming up as well.

Ethonal in the fuel? Those corn husks will clog it up for sure...j/k ;)

Carbs!

Bone, the carbs on the 787 are really easy to re-work if your good with lawnmower engines!.....I'm not comparing the carbs to that of a Briggs and Straton, just that if your capable of understanding how a carb works, then these things are a snap to rebuild. If you have problems again, you may want to look into a manual and see that there pretty simple and you may be able to do it yourself.............unless you have the money......Only God knows that if I hit the powerball, I'll not only buy another Doo, I'll hire someone to wash and wax it everyday and flush the engine when I come back. Hell, I'll even pay to have him (her) put it in the water for me!

All in good humor...........LOL.........I love to have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back