97 GTX idles but dies with throttle

aklaybzee

Premium Member
Premium Member
I having an issue getting my 97 GTX up and running again. I took it out to the lake and it was ridding just fine then all of a sudden it started bogging down when trying to accelerate so I had to idle back to the dock. The ski starts and idle just fine, but instantly dies when you pull the throttle. After reading a few other threads I decided to rebuild the carbs, replace the gray fuel lines, replace the fuel valve, and fuel filter. After completing all the work I couldn’t get the ski to start at all; however I eventually got it started again but the issue still remains. Ski idles fine but dies when the throttle is applied.

I having an issue getting my 97 GTX up and running again. I took it out to the lake and it was ridding just fine then all of a sudden it started bogging down when trying to accelerate so I had to idle back to the dock. The ski starts and idle just fine, but instantly dies when you pull the throttle. After reading a few other threads I decided to rebuild the carbs, replace the gray fuel lines, replace the fuel valve, and fuel filter. After completing all the work I couldn’t get the ski to start at all; however I eventually got it started again but the issue still remains. Ski idles fine but dies when the throttle is applied.
does pulling the choke out with its bogging help it or make it stall?

Sounds like carb issues, blocked fuel circuit.
Either the low speed pilot circuit is plugged, or the pop off is too high.

Back