FOR SALE 97 GSX and 96 GSX with Double Trailer $4,200

bigJake

'97 GSX (787) and '96 GSX (787) with double trailer for sale.
Located near McMurray, Pa (20 miles south of Pittsburgh)

Both have about 150 hours on them and run well.
'97 compression about 150/140 (see attached pics)
'96 compression about 140/134

Includes 2 covers, and about $250 in parts: (1) SBT slotted RAVE , (1) Brand new OEM wear ring, various O-rings (Raves, Fuel separator), a couple Rave gaskets, Drive shaft bumpers. (I put 2 new slotted RAVES on one ski and can't remember why I have another (old age is setting in...)

Well maintained. One has a brand new wear ring (I forget which off the top of my head) and the other wear ring is still pretty much perfect condition. I did buy 2 new wear rings so have an extra. All standard maintenance has been done (Tempo fuel lines and fuel selector valves replaced, Carbon seals/SS hats, drive shaft bellows replaced, Cone oil replaced in the spring). Carburetors have about 10 hours on them since last rebuild.

Gas gauge on '97 does not work, I believe it is the fuse in the baffle that needs replaced. Just was never an issue for me because on our lake, I'm never more than 10 minutes from my dock.
If the '97 sits for several days it will blow some smoke for a couple minutes, so I assume a very minor leak in the crank case seal.
VTS on both does not work. The standard issue of the VTS boots getting a tear and the VTS motors rusting, I had replaced the boots and disassembled the VTS motors and cleaned them up a few years ago and had them working again but the boots tore again so I just left them on the center setting and disconnected them. They can probably be cleaned up again to get working. Just wasn't an issue for me as I never really adjusted the trim on our lake anyway.

Trailer tires have been replaced and tread is pretty much like new. I just drive them to our lake house in the spring and then back home in the fall to store in the garage

I'm selling because they are currently lowering our lake by 10' for dredging and we will have no boating season next year as it will take all season to fill back up. and after a couple back surgeries I'll just be tool old to ride the follow season :( They have only been getting a couple hours of use the last several years as I just ride for 20-30 minutes at a time a handful of times a year.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 2
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 96 engine1.jpg
    96 engine1.jpg