97' 787 Sea Doo GSX Carb Adj. After Rebuild

GSX RUNNER

Rebuilt both Mag and PTO carbs on my 97' 787 GSX with genuine Mikuni parts. Pop off at 34. All needle valves back to factory settings. The issue I'm having is throttle response. Up to half throttle is good but if I get on it from there it bogs and then a surge of power. I really have no idea which carb to adjust or which screw to adj. I'm thinking it's running lean though. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Did you get it running correctly? I'm currently working on a GSX that had way too many hands in it over the years. :D Owner bought new carbs with accelerator pumps. Main jets in the carbs were not the same (142.5) and (140) Not sure that would cause problems but you might need to look inside.

You may have a rave valve issue and not a carb issue.

Yea definitely have had some improvement by playing with the PTO high speed screw. What kind of issue would there be with the Rave valves? I've cleaned them and put new gaskets in when I rebuilt the carbs. I've run it with the red cap screws flush and turned in some with no performance difference.

Back