96 Xp storage cover.What do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosie2514

Looking to buy a cover for my XP. Obviously there are some for 100 and some over 200. What do yall use?
Also , since my ski will have a single gauge hood installed, should i buy the cover for the SP? or buy for the XP?

Thanks!

Thanks for the response!
Any idea if I should buy a different one based on using the single guage hood?

Not sure. Best thing to do would be to call Terry at Poppy Covers. She will know the answer.

LOL, even my parts and projects get the vintage covers. I love the purple OEM covers, don't get me wrong the gray ones are really nice from poppy and would go that way, but I just kicked out with these.

This was from CReynolds. From an spi I guess with dual accessory mirrors. Fits like a glove, except for the floppy ears on either side.

386.jpg

This is from a 95xp with the mirrored hood, like a set of saggy jugs on a single gauge hood. No good.

387.jpg

The 96 XP and my HX. And a 94 XP and another 96 XP.

388.jpg

389.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol Those oem covers are badass. I emailed Terri at poppy and haven't got an exact answer on what I need, so I guess I'm gonna just hold out till then.

Does anyone know if the poppy covers have the heavy duty white liner on the hood area and the seat area like the OEM covers have?

The oem covers do not fit anymore after the AM steering setups are put on. It's not the angle that's such a problem but that the bars are generally wider.

Sweet, do me a favor and post detailed pics of inside and out. I like to touch with my eyes over the interwebs (if that doesn't sound creepy!), I specifically want to see the inside to see if it has the heavy panels like the old OEM's have over the hood area and seat. Unless someone can verify and post pics up before Rosie get's one.

Got it in today. The thing seems very high quality like everyone else says. Racer i took some pics for you but dont know exactly what you were looking for. All i can say is that the "toughness" of this thing seems very high. It does not seem stretchy very much which i see as a plus. [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION]

So you answered my question. On the underside of the OEM covers there is a thick barrier with a layer of plastic inside of it(I think) to help protect the "top" of the cover, from the front all the way to the rear grab bar. Where the Poppy cover is just the material, no extra. Obviously that will keep the cost down dramatically. I always wanted the poppy covers but without that extra layer I might pass and keep sourcing OEM covers whether used or new OEM. There is a guy on Ebay that constantly has OEM covers, I'll have to ask if they have the inner liner. The pre-95 covers do not have the liner like the pics I posted, like the one on my HX. It's just the material and I'm not a huge fan of that cover cause I always feel like it's gonna rip, it is from 95 after all. You all know I have hang ups with stuff, this is just another one. I'm not knocking the poppy covers one bit, I need to break the bank for one for my Speedster. If they offered the XP covers in all yellow or the yellow and black I could easily overlook the inner liner.

446.jpg

447.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back