96 xp no spark

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyjoe09

I have a 96 xp, will crank, but not getting any spark on the plugs. I tested the end of the sparkplug wire where it plugs to the plug with a light tester, and that isn't getting any power either. The black unit that the 2 plug wires comes out of is grounded. What should I check next? Full charge on the battery, and fuses are good in the electrical box.

Ignition....

I don't have much time right now, since I'm working on my 787....but as soon as I can (I'm on night shift tonight, so I'll have 12 hours to work in the manuals), I'll give you a look see and figure out if we can do a static test on the ignition .......

update on the 96 xp with no spark.... I was looking at the ski today, and when I press the start button, I hear a wine from the "distributer" (where the 2 spark plug wires go, don't know if that is what you call it on a wave runner but you know what I am talking about) But I dont get any power out of it to the spark plug wires... can I assume the obvious that this is the problem, and replace this part? What is this part called so I know what to order?? thanks guys

Ignition coil....

If you hear a frequency noise in your ignitionn coil, then it may be shot. The P/N is ....278000383 and will run you about $85 bucks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back