96 sea doo gtx won't start after carb rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechorepko

So I recently purchased a 1996 sea doo gtx 2 stroke a couple weeks ago. I took it out on the water and ran okay. second time I took it out i started having some problems. problems starting, dying, bogging out, alternating rpms. I was advised my carbs needed a rebuild so I took it upon myself to fix it. After doing the rebuild and installing the carbs the damn thing won't start at all now! I'm posting a link to a video I took. Take a look at it and tell me what you think might be the problem. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I think I'm hearing it doesn't sound like the starter is turning the motor over. You've either got a bad or undercharged battery or a bad or corroded connection. It doesn't sound like a fuel problem to me, or at least not why it's not starting.

Lou

Sorry, I had to delete your link to the video, if you clean up the language you can re-submit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see the video, but a couple important points-

Pop off pressure is critical for the low speed circuit. Did you set it properly?

Set all mixture valves to the proper "turns out" but did you note where they were before the rebuild? How did they match up?

The service manual must be closely followed for a successful rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back