96 Hx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaymond

I'm new to the whole pwc thing. A buddy of mine just bought a nice boat and well i have always wanted a jet ski as i live about 2 mins from the river So i have been looking around town for a decent jet ski. As i stated above i know nothing about them just that i want one. So i have some cash in my pocket about 1500 bucks, talked to a guy today about a 96 Hx seadoo says its almost all new inside as he rebuilds and sales jet ski's, offered to fire it up with a hose for me if i wished. He is asking 1800 or best offer i am thinking i can talk him down to my range. But i don't know much about the ski itsself is 96 hx a decent modle it seems to be in great shape? Does it have decent power as iam about 6'1 235lbs and i don't really need a speeder just some thing i can cruze the river with at a faster pase:confused: and chase my buddies boat with and mabey get a little crazy on and just have fun. Is there any thing i should pay attention to that deals with that over all modle, and what are the spec's? Mabey some buyers guid to what i need to ask the fella b4 buying and so on? Thanks for your help.

Haymond

Haymond welcome to the seadoo forum. The 96 HX would be a good 1st pwc. I would ask to try it first but it is kinda cold this time of year for a test ride. If you really don't know much about pwc's I would ask the local seadoo dealer what they charge to look it over for you before you buy it and disclose any problems and what it might cost to repair. If it cost say $50.00 or an hr rate it might be worth it to spend it for an evaluation rather get stuck buying a worn out pwc. Asking a seadoo dealer would get you an actual dollar amount for the repairs from a certified mechanic. A regular boat repair shop wouldn't have the certified knowledge thats needed for the seadoo. Good luck and keep us posted. If we can help with any more questions feel free to gives us a shout. This seadoo forum is a friendly place with many active members eager to help.
Karl

Man if you are new to jetskis I am not sure that the HX would be for you. I had an HX for a few years and it is not really a user friendly jetski. I am 6'4" about 225. You will not be able to just stop in the middle of the lake and set on it. My wife could balance it for a little while but she is maybe 110 lbs. If you dont know how to get on it after you fall off then you will not like it at all. If you do get it the best way to get back on is hang off the left side nail the throttle and let it drag you then turn the bars back left and let it pull itself under you if that makes sense.
It was meant to be a sport model for racing. If you do learn to ride it and it is running good you will have a blast on it. I dont think there is another set down that will carve like it, but like I said do not expect to stop in the middle of the lake and be able to just set there on it.
If you have any more questions about it feel free to email me. jhrrsnvll@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back