96 gtx blown 15 amp fuse at mpem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black67tb

Hello. Last fall my ski was not charging over 12 volts. Now this spring, l am trying to find this problem. I have checked the stator according to the service manual. Seems all is good there. Checked all fuses in both back and front boxes. I did find the 15 amp in the mpem front box blown. I would appreciate any helpful comments of what to look for, so i can repair my ski.
Thank you

It may be your rectifier. One way to tell is run it at about 4500 rpm and see if it is giving you voltage in the 13Vs at the battery, if not then it is bad. I don't know your ski enough to tell you if it can be fixed easily, some you can some you can't. Look at the parts manual and see if it is a separate part.
I am assuming replacing the 15 amp fused didn't solve the charging problem.

It may be your rectifier. One way to tell is run it at about 4500 rpm and see if it is giving you voltage in the 13Vs at the battery, if not then it is bad. I don't know your ski enough to tell you if it can be fixed easily, some you can some you can't. Look at the parts manual and see if it is a separate part.
I am assuming replacing the 15 amp fused didn't solve the charging problem.
Thanks for your information. I did find a broken pin on one of the yellow wires in the Deutsche connector going to the engine for the stator. I then replaced the 15 amp fuse. Disconnected the red wire on the rectifier and ran the engine at 4500 on a water hose. The fuse was ok. Then connected the red wire on the rectifier, and ran the engine again. The fuse was still good. I tested the voltage at the battery and had just over 13 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back