95 XP Wont plane, One Cylinder? But more to it.

exoh_e

Long story short I bought a 95 XP with a good Electric box, VTS works, Gauges sorta work etc. Took the engine out. Bought a 96 GTI 720 engine that was REALLY mint; looks like it had under 10 hours honestly. Swapped it in without changing the mpem or anything. I do believe I used the exhaust from the gti(the engine I bought had the exhaust on it still), not the one from the 95 xp if that makes a difference; I also believe I used the water box that was in the hull.

The xp had another exhaust attached to the old worn out motor I just left on my floor. Triple checked the 147 degree timing, before installing the engine stator was aligned in the middle properly; engine had strong 150 psi. Carbs seemed great, tried even the other carbs from my 96 gti same result. Did a plug chop, swapped plug tops. Same Result. I think i'm running off one cylinder. It feels like I cant get the ski up. Any ideas of a plan to attack? I still have a spare mpem from another GTI should I swap it in?

wear-ring and prop look great.

454617654_1716164552467865_4294532155344437284_n.jpg455193164_473789485418076_2884006911869724389_n.jpg

Long story short I bought a 95 XP with a good Electric box, VTS works, Gauges sorta work etc. Took the engine out. Bought a 96 GTI 720 engine that was REALLY mint; looks like it had under 10 hours honestly. Swapped it in without changing the mpem or anything. I do believe I used the exhaust from the gti(the engine I bought had the exhaust on it still), not the one from the 95 xp if that makes a difference; I also believe I used the water box that was in the hull.

The xp had another exhaust attached to the old worn out motor I just left on my floor. Triple checked the 147 degree timing, before installing the engine stator was aligned in the middle properly; engine had strong 150 psi. Carbs seemed great, tried even the other carbs from my 96 gti same result. Did a plug chop, swapped plug tops. Same Result. I think i'm running off one cylinder. It feels like I cant get the ski up. Any ideas of a plan to attack? I still have a spare mpem from another GTI should I swap it in?

wear-ring and prop look great.

View attachment 66396View attachment 66395
Try disconnecting the red wire going to the voltage regulator and ride it see if that fixes it if so new voltage regulator and you should be good

Back