95 XP rubber gasket under hood latch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickCawks

Hello all! I have returned to ask another question about my 95 XP semi resto. I am nearing the finish line with almost all of the details handled and only big things left (gelcoting the bottom - waiting for my cylinders and pistons from full bore to finally put the motor back together and reinstall).

The question I have today is about one of these details that reamins a loose end.

On the hull directly underneath the hood latch there is a rubber gasket.
20171102_101541.jpg
Depicted here. - Notice how chewed up it is.

I understand what the purpose of this gasket is and after a quick look through the manual I found the part number (293830011). However using this part number I am having a hard time locating any of these to replace my torn up one. All of the oem part wearhouse style websites have this listed as discontinued and out of stock, searching for it on ebay nets me a bunch of things that are parts of the fuel system, but not this specific part.

So I have two questions:
1 - Is there an updated part number / updated part for this?
2 - Is it even necessary to replace this? Given its purpose in the fuel system the only thing i could see going wrong with this is minute amounts of water being sucked through.

That said I have no issue replacing this thing if I can get ahold of it, I cant imagine that it costs all that much.

Thank you in advance
-Nick

[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION]. Sells reproduction ones. They are not available from the factory.

20171119_111927.jpg

Heres a pic of the card he sent with my order.

Im pretty sure he wanted 10 dollars for it. He has a 20 dollar minimum on shipping so you'll want to add something else. He is a great resource for finding parts that arent readily available on ebay and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back