95 XP help

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectra

Hello first time here and first post. I have a 95 XP that I have had for about 4 years.It has had routine maintanence and also a few new hop ups but my problem now is that when it runs there seems to be an excess amount of oil coming out of the exhaust. So much that it sometime does not want to start. I can pull the plugs and they will be coated in oil gas mixture. Just pulled it out of storage and cleaned it all up and tried to start it nothing finally dropped a little gas down each cylinder and bam started right up. But there was a stream of oil coming out of the exhaust. Hooked up the water and let it run for about 5 min and then shut it off. Oil still was dripping out the exhaust 30 min after it was shut down. Any answers you may have are greatly apreciated. I am mechanicely inclined so if I have to tear into it not a problem. Hell had to tear the pump out one summer on the beach with the Seadoo propped up on a log that was fun:) All for a 2 dollar part that broke go figure. I just love plastic:rolleyes:

People constantly complain about the oil system on Sea-Doo craft. On my Speedster jet boat I have it removed and I just mix the fuel with oil before filling. Eliminates problems like this, as well and the inverse which is MUCH worse. I'd say just ditch it and go to running a premix instead.

People constantly complain about the oil system on Sea-Doo craft. On my Speedster jet boat I have it removed and I just mix the fuel with oil before filling. Eliminates problems like this, as well and the inverse which is MUCH worse. I'd say just ditch it and go to running a premix instead.

Have not looked into this or heard anything on it. What controls the oil mixing? And also do you just pull and plug the oil feed line or?

Thanks!

Thanks for the link will look into that. Is there any way just to pull the line and resoivor and not do the block off for temporary purposes? I want to run the damn thing but am tired of it firing right up then taking it to the lake and having it not start on the ramp. Plus with the holiday it will be hard to get one. Will call around tom and see if I can find one localy.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah see if a local shop has one...that would be about the only other thing I would suggest. Please post your results if you are able to find one locally or what you ended up doing :)

Good luck, and have a happy and safe 4th!

Well went to the local dealer and they told me it was probably a seal in there it was common for them to go out. So decided to try and fix it but it is not working out. After getting into it I do not have a flywheel puller to get the flywheel of so I can split the case. So am probably going to just fab my own plate or order one on line not sure yet. Will keep you posted. So far not a happy fourth:mad:

Well it runs and does not even come close to smoking like it used to. So hopefully that was the problem we will see am heading out in the morning to take it on a run. Kind of glad I pulled it apart the impellor was trashed so put the factory one back in had a nice SS one but the fins were rough. Since I put it in have never liked the hole shot so hopefully this will be better. Will post up results.

Well took it out and it worked great. Was a great day at the lake and had a great time. Thanks for the help on the block off plate Joe but just fixed it back to factory for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back