95 speedster engine wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrredfolks

my 95 speedster was running fine the other day. i installed a cd player and everything was fine, until my battery went dead. I unhooked all of the battery cables, and charged the battery overnight on two amps. Today i hooked the cd player up to a toggle switch and put new spark plugs in. Then reconnected the battery. The starboard motor fires fine no pronblem, but the port side motor wont hit a lick. When i push the start button i can hear a click noise but thats all it will do. I can turn the motor by hand. Is this a starter problem, or a switch problem? I was turning over yesterday when the battery was going dead, but now it wont do anything but click. I also have the ground and the power to the cd player connected to the battery but i dont think that would have anything to do with my problem.
Any help or ideas on what to do or check would be appreciated.
Thanks

i got it fixed. I guess in all of the excitment i only hooked up 1 power cable.
For anyone else that might run across this problem check your cables to make sure they are tight, check the fuses, check the start stop button and the ignition on/off switch. Make sure all of the cables and connections are tight and check the switches and fuese with a volt/ohm meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back