95 Seadoo XP800: Good Deal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdavi060

So I have came across a guy selling a 95 Seadoo XP800 which seams to be in fair to good condition with some fading and some graphics removed and the hump seat seems to have been robbed. It starts right up and runs fine according to the seller, but has not been in the water in 1.5 year due to no registration. It comes with a trailer but neither the ski or trailer have titles. The engine tag has been removed or painted over for some reason so I am not sure if it is an X motor or not. Is willing to take $500. It's about 2 hours away from me so I have not looked at it in person yet. Good deal?

Attachments

• 00I0I_aChwzINMugF_600x450.jpg
    00I0I_aChwzINMugF_600x450.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 00j0j_4cD3Mkh3VSd_600x450.jpg
    00j0j_4cD3Mkh3VSd_600x450.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 00K0K_2S1ulJbGeOG_600x450.jpg
    00K0K_2S1ulJbGeOG_600x450.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 00808_d1D37QlnhC0_600x450.jpg
    00808_d1D37QlnhC0_600x450.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 54
  • tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it is a 787 Engine form the one pic you shared.
My big concern is no title for the ski. That can be a big deal here in NC.

It sounds like a good deal, IF you can get a title, to me it's worth nothing without a title.

Lou

Ok a few things before we all get worked up over a title.

1. Is it in the sellers name? (you didn't specify) If so it should be straight forward, perhaps HE doesn't want to pay for a duplicate.

2. Does he know the previous owner? Perhaps his name, a little switchboard.com search and BAM you get a Phone# and address. Now you call the guy---BEFORE you buy it.

3. Run the HIN through your fish and game commission, they MIGHT be able to contact the title holder and help get the ball rolling.

These simple phone calls can be done in a relatively SHORT amount of time. Title work while time consuming can be easy. Also if it HASN'T been titled it may be easier than you think to get it registered in your name--inquire at you fish and game commission.

X engine--No it's not---probably. That data tag has been removed, that is also more than likely NOT the original engine. Two things stand out, wrong color white. The OEM paint is more of a cream color. Secondly, the rear horseshoe motor mount is black, it should be purple......BUT it could be painted I "THINK" i see a purple speck at about the 10 o'clock position of your red oval.

If you really want to know if it's an X engine you can give the HIN to your dealer, they can get you the original engine serial number and that will tell them if it was an X engine or not----so I have been told by my dealer.

Also you can give the HIN to your dealer to "check" for the gas tank update, and if their cool enough you could ask who the original owners name is in the MPEM. You could then MAYBE start to track down the subsequent owners of said ski.

I've said WAAAAAY too much and have given away WAAAAAY too much of my Magnum P.I. information. This message will explode in 24 hours. :rofl:

We just told the DMV we bought ours in TN...

Apparently they don't need titles (or they don't transfer, I don't really know) but it worked for us. We just had a cop come out and run the VIN and sign a paper before we went in to register it.

The xp800 was in Las Vegas about a week ago. Just go to CL and punch in 1995 xp. I contacted the woman about ten days ago and she was willing to sell the xp off the double trailer for 500$. something is wrong with the motor but the ski is in excellent condition, even the OEM seat cover. no oxidation on the paint either. the lady has the title but lives by herself and could not handle getting it shipped. so i tried to get her to sell the seat,hood,r&d nozzles and trim tabs. I messed up and told her the value of some items and she started checking around on ebay. worried that someone would come in and buy it before I could get it shipped i believe I got on her nerves with the calls and texts. She finally told me she could not sell to me,so i left it alone. I dont know what happened, maybe someone came and bought it and she didn't want to tell me. If she still has it and somebody had cash in hand I think she would sell it for 500$. it was a dream for me I guess being in S.C.

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids-----You NEVER quote parts pricing to someone selling something, That's the first face slap. Not trying to be sneaky but if they set the price that's fine. . Second slap---the constant calls and texts, agree to look at it and pay for it. The more back and forth banter is only gonna make them research. I mean you're talking 5 bones for a COMPLETE ski with aftermarket parts that you know the value. I could have that ski sitting in a friends driveway in an hour in Vegas if I wanted it. It would have to wait for a few months until I flew out there for an upcoming job and then rent a van and drive back east.

Here's the biggest problem--the seller is the Ex-Girlfriend, technically unless it's in her name it ain't hers to sell.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/4590813808.html

I screwed up I know! the ex girl friend thing I don't think is a problem. she said they are in her name. we talked for several days, she even got a Yamaha crate to put it in and ship it. she went out of her way to get shipping quotes and all.

Not sure why she had to air out she was the ex, if they're in her name then it's not a problem. Good deal for someone, I'm just not into shipping a ski to the east coast.

Wow is that clean. $500 is a steal. The hood is worth $200 the seat another $200, and it has a.m. Parts!!!

The pictures she sent texted me the ski was super clean. I saw R&D nozzles and the x-tender kit on it. Ride plate and trim tabs. Motor appeared to be all stock. Man that seat an hood was about as nice as I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back