95 Gts, 96 Gsx

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEEBEDNA

I'm new to the forum and new to jetski's in general. I have ridden on skis in the past, but have never owned them. I purchased a 95 GTS and 96 GSX together and may?? wind up parting with one of them. They are both in great shape. I plan on riding both to see which I like the most. I know the GSX is faster, but I'd guess the GTS being a 3 seater is more stable. I'll be mostly just cruising; however, I have friends I'll be riding with that have XP's, GTX, etc. I don't know if they will leave me behind if I'm on the GTS. Any pros/cons on these two ski's would be appeciated. Thanks.

I'm sure you'll get a first hand on information as I know of members here on the seadoo forum have the same models. Either way you'll have to be the judge of the best one to keep for your own use and preference.

Karl

I own both models identical to yours. Last year the GTX was the only one running. This year however the GTS will finally be on the water. It has a fresh rebuilt 580. Had a chance to take it out on the water a few weeks ago.
Mine has an aftermarket exhaust from Coffman's. I have never run it with the stock exhaust setup. My impression of the 580 is that it should suit your cruising needs very nicely. It runs out pretty good but I think it still needs some riding to break it in. I think then it will probaly be a little faster. I do not know what the top speed is but I would say somewhere around 40 is what mine will do right now. Not real fast but still fun nonetheless.

The GTX is the one that is dear to my heart. Its a 650 with a dual carb setup. Will do 50mph and you can tube with it very easily. You can cut donuts as long as you can keep your lunch down! Very Fun ride! I noticed that you said your GTX was not a three seater. Both of mine are three seaters.

While there is a big difference performance wise between the two, I enjoy having both of them very much. I have three teenage girls and they love 'em.

Gts Or Gsx

Hi WEEBEDNA,
Welcome to the forum.These skis' are two very different animals. If you were to compare them to cars it would be like this.......
The GTS is much like a Ford Crown Vic. Roomy, stable, reliable, no surprizes kind of vehicle. It's not fast....it's not slow...just average.
The GSX is much like a Ford Mustang( V8). It's not roomy or stable. It's fast,turns on a dime and full of fun surprizes. Your choice is ultimately going to come down to what kind of riding are you going to do most.
The GTS is much better suited for riding 2 people.
The GSX is not very stable and tends to flip over alot with 2 aboard.
The only logical solution will be to keep them both. Problem solved! LOL

Thanks, DAWG

Thanks for the good input all. I think I'll keep both for this season to determine which I like. Might be nice to have a spare for non-ski friends to ride.

That's what I did when I lived on a lake back in N.Y.. I always had a stock JetSki or two for visitors to ride...it was fun to see them learn not to fall over on a stand-up...that was more fun than ridding sometimes.:rofl:

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back