94 sp 587 no start condition

bwgaylor

just replaced the engine with an sbt replacement engine. tested it on the water and ran great for 20 min then died and would not start again. after checking plugs (fouled) I switched them out with some fresh plugs and still no start. checked spark and have it. plugs were a little wet so I assume it was flooded. let it sit for a day changed batteries and made sure it was full (lithium) and still won't work. checked compression and its even on both sides. it will occasionally sputter but won't hold idle. I am stumped can someone help ?

You did correctly rebuild the carbs and fuel system with theat new engine correct?
No SBT carb parts!

Your probably fine for compression then, usually 120 is about the minimum you would want to have but those testers are notorious for reading 90 pounds max. Maybe try a different tester to see what you actually have, I don’t think you have 90 pounds

If the engine was running fine for 20 minutes and now it's dead with wet plugs... I don't think it's the carb. I thinks it's the same as my problem that I solved. Check here, the last 2 messages: '97 GTI 717 2T Wet Cylinder Cannot Start - Dirty plugs every time

Bombardier 2T starting with wet cylinder is almost impossible.
I can’t tell what the problem with yours was except that you dumped fuel into the cylinders. What ended up being the actual problem

Back