94 Seadoo GTX Problem-Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschend

Hello, I was riding my 94 Seadoo GTX yesterday, I shut off the ski, tried to restart minutes later and the motor would no turn over. I replaced the lanyard cap, and battery and checked all the connections still nothing. The ski has never given me a problem and was running well before this happened. I am getting one click sound when hitting the start/stop button, but that is it. Anyone have any ideas any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I had the same problem last week

It has just click in the electric box and nothing else.

It turned out that the brushes in the starter was stuck and the springs was not able to push them toward the rotor contacts. Replaced brushes and the brush holder plate and the problem is gone

I hope this help

If it was OK.. then nothing... I'd lean toward the solenoid. Open the gray box, and jump the solenoid terminals. If the starter spins... then replace the solenoid. If it doesn't spin... replace/rebuild the starter.

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. I will try your fix Dr. Honda, and hopefully it is just solenoid. Thanks Gunman for your reply as well. What is the easiest way to get the electronics box open and or out? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back