94 Seadoo 657 help!?

PittskiXP

So my wife and I just bought a 94 Seadoo Xp. We took it out the first day and it ran okay, a little slow to plane. We changed the plugs and inspected the fuel lines. They had been updated. When doing this I saw oil in the bottom of the jet ski! Felt the fitting from bottom of oil tank and it leaked. Figured that was the cause. Took it back out that day it ran great! So we took it back out and it ran good for a minute. We shut it off and it didn’t want to start. Finally we got it started! Went to take it out and would not get up to plane. So we get to the launch pull it out! Today I was it was something the carbs. Well upon inspecting deeper I noticed a broke small tube at the bottom of engine. We figured out it was oil injection line. The notice another fitting on the like that oil injection line connected to with not even a tube there. So I know from common sense that’s not good. So first question is where does the other injection line go, I only see one fitting. Also in terms of the jet ski limping back to the launch did I blow it up? It didn’t make a clunk or anything just not a lot of power. Can anyone help us! New to jet ski motors, and I am a Contractor, not a mechanic, but we are trying, please help!

Those 2 small oil lines go from the oil pump to the intake port on each cylinder. With them broken no oil is getting to the crankshaft, pistons or connecting rods. So yes, running with no oil you have ruined your engine.

So even though it will turn over the engine is totally done? Or is there a chance if I connect them and fix the rest it will still run?

Those 2 small oil lines go from the oil pump to the intake port on each cylinder. With them broken no oil is getting to the crankshaft, pistons or connecting rods. So yes, running with no oil you have ruined your engine.
So there’s no chance that if I connected the oil lines it will be alright. It was still running just not well.

Check compression. But what you described with it slowing down and no oil lines, confirms the engine is done. No oil doesn't take long to ruin pistons and cranks.

Take a compression test, I always run a tank of pre mix in a new to me machine till I get everything sorted out. Maybe you got lucky and the po had pre mixed. Normally those engines will only go a minute or so with no oil

Take a compression test, I always run a tank of pre mix in a new to me machine till I get everything sorted out. Maybe you got lucky and the po had pre mixed. Normally those engines will only go a minute or so with no oil
I am going to get a test now will keep you updated! Thank you for the advice!

Back