94 gtx not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampa jimmie

we have a new battery and the ski has just been completely rebuilt by a good shop in our area. we had to break it in which we did following there instructions to a T. it ran great! its a day later and we went to take it out again, and it only turned over and started once (first try!). now it only makes a single click when you hit the start button. i have tested the battery and it is fine. can this be a simple fuse problem? im sure with myl uck its not.

Welcome to the forum!

With all being new, it's probably something simple. My first impression is that you've probably lost a good ground from taking it out and playing on it. The vibration will loosen up your cables. First, check both your connections on your battery to make sure they are nice and clean, tight too!....then, look where your ground wire goes to your block. I think it hooks up to the side of your starter. Make sure this is clean and tight also.
Last, if all these wires are tight, then you'll need to open your electrical box and look at the red wire coming in from your battery. It's connected to the solenoid. Check to see that both wires going to and leaving the solenoid are also tight. Then, try to start it again. Leave the electrical box cover off. Then try to start it again. If the solenoid is bad, you'll notice, that where the click is coming from. That part will have to be replaced. There not that expensive. But before you replace it, make sure you disconnect your battery wires..................:cheers:

yea i was hoping for a loose wire. we took the starter off and got it tested and of course thats what it was. it was just about the only thing we didnt replace with a brand new part. thats my luck though. no big deal. i appreciate the help though!!!!

Your welcome!....

Your welcome and we hope you continue to be in the forum with us. Your knowledge in problems with starter now may help someone else.
I'll close this thread since your issue has been solved. Please feel free to start a new thread anytime you wish!..........:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back