92 Seadoo sp wont get to full throttle

bowenlhzn

I have a 92 sp 580. I have an issue where the motor is struggling to get to full speed.it gets to about 20 mph and sounds like the rpms are only about 1/2 throttle. Occasionally there will be a burst for less than a seccond where it sounds like the rpms shoot up then fall back to about 1/2 throttle. Also they will slowly fall until I'm doing closer to 10-15 mph. I checked compression and it's at about 130 psi on both cylinders i also rebuilt the carb over the weekend and I'm still having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

When I tested popoff it was at about 28psi. I didn't swap out the gray fuel lines but it looks like whoever owned it before me swapped them out with normal black fuel lines. I haven't played with the carb adjustment screws because I didn't have this problem last summer but could try making some adjustments

When I tested popoff it was at about 28psi. I didn't swap out the gray fuel lines but it looks like whoever owned it before me swapped them out with normal black fuel lines. I haven't played with the carb adjustment screws because I didn't have this problem last summer but could try making some adjustments
Ok so I would put a set of plugs on it it sounds like it’s not wanting to pick up a cylinder. Also I’m not a hundred percent sure on what what pop off spec is. But 28 sounds about right. And might try and lean it out sound kinda rich. Hard to say without seeing it but I would mess with the carb screw a little bit

Back