787 Fuel Injected getting too Much Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

rparker11

I have a 2000 fuel injection 787 and when I go to start it i got a couple cranks then it stops. I too the spark plugs out and they were soaked in oil. I then took the head off the motor to realize the motor was full of oil on top of the pistons. It seems everytime I clean it all out then go to start it, it fill right back up with oil.

I believe their is something wrong with the oil injection and it it constantly injecting oil into the motor. I tried following the lines and cant seem to figure anything out. NEED HELP READY FOR SUMMER

Rotary seals.....

I have a 2000 fuel injection 787 and when I go to start it i got a couple cranks then it stops. I too the spark plugs out and they were soaked in oil. I then took the head off the motor to realize the motor was full of oil on top of the pistons. It seems everytime I clean it all out then go to start it, it fill right back up with oil.

I believe their is something wrong with the oil injection and it it constantly injecting oil into the motor. I tried following the lines and cant seem to figure anything out. NEED HELP READY FOR SUMMER

It's not your oil injection, it's your rotary seals around your crank shaft. If you look at your oil injection system, there is no way those two little tiny lines can fill up your engine casing that fast.

If you follow your oil lines off the bottom of the oil tank, you'll see one with a filter. This goes to your oil injection pump. The other oil line goes to the center of your engine block and supplies your rotary chamber with oil. Then, if you look at the top of the oil tank, you'll see another oil line. This is the vent coming back from that chamber.

When these seals go out on you, the casing will fill with oil pretty quickly. Causing a hydro lock.

If the seals are leaking by but not so bad you can get a start. Sometimes you can get a start and when they heat up, they will re-seal for you. If not, the only other choice you have is to replace the crankshaft.

Pinch the bottom oil line from the tank going to the rotary chamber. Now, spin the motor over and blow all the oil out. Put the plugs back in and spin it more (you need the plugs in to build compression and push the oil out of the cylinders). Do this a good bit and remove as much of the oil as you can (only spin the starter for up to 30 seconds at a time, then let it rest for a minute or so). Pour about a drink bottle cap full of fuel into each spark plug hole. Then, put the plugs in and try to start it. If you get a start (have the water ready), turn on the water then, take off your pinch on your rotary chamber oil line. You might smoke like the dickens for a few minutes. Let it run for about 5 minutes. If the smoke clears up a bit, you might be able to re-seal your rotary seals. If you can get it to the water, do that and ride the dog out of it. The heat from your motor, may helpin re-sealing your rotary chamber seals. If not and they are wasted, you've got no choice but to replace the crank. You cannot replace these seals yoru self.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
...dosnt sound good

Well how likely is it that this will work and it will reseal itself??

What causes the seals to go bad??

Also what kind of costs am I looking at if this isnt a fix it yourself??

Thanks a Lot you are a huge help I love this website

Once you get it fired up, and get the oil burnt out... it will probably be OK. The seals leak as the engine gets older... but when it sits... like over the winter... it will leak into the crankcase, making it hard to start. During the summer... you probably won't notice it if it only sits for a couple weeks at a time.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix it, is to replace the center crank seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back