787 engine cyl chambers filled with oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan1102

Hello there guys I'm new to the sea doo community , I just acquired an 99 challenger one of the engines gets the cylinders filled or partially filled with oil at least there's oil present on them and i could not get it to turn with spark plugs on obviously hydro lock now it seems that got cleared out and I attempt to start it but it would just do like an old Chevy nova out of time , and quit smoke will come out of tha carbs , at least I got it to turn with plugs on but now I'm getting this , please help

Your crank seals are probably leaking, there's really no cure except a new crank. For the short term you can pinch off the oil line to that engine when not in use.

Lou

YEP...crank seals ......you will have to keep trying to start it and when it starts its gonna smoke the whole block out for a while but it will clear up eventually....keeep crankin it its gonna take a while but you will get it

Brock 1 , is it normal that it does try to start and it quits and then smoke comes out of the carbs ,i took the oil feed line off the block and that is how i got it to clear some of the oil so i could even cranked with plugs , will the brass pinion go out just with start attempts ,im not a sea doo mechanic but i dont think so please help thanks .....

Got the engine started , with the carbs of the right engine so carbs where an issue now engine finlly runs but quits after a while with hose attached to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back