717 vs 657 manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 657 and I was told that if I went to a 720 that I coud use my exhaust so i would thank it would have same bolt patern. check out riva or babbit online for part numbers to see if they are the same.

Nope....

Nope....sorry, no can do. The 657 goes back further than my cross over index, but with the part number to the 717, P/N 290979141, I can't come up with a positive match...........but what's funny, for some reason, it's showing that manifold costing $7 bucks....so there must be an error.
I do believe one of them, has where the two cylinders connects into one, faces up, the other faces out to the side.

Tried....

I tried Babbitts Robin and they go no further back than 1996, but you can find the engines on SBT....but of course, they don't do the exhaust. So I'm kinda at a dead end on that one. If I spent a lot more time on it, I could probably find a definitive answer on it. But I'm at work, so I don't have that kind of time right now.
I'll see what I can cross out later in the evening.

different numbers

there different part numbers..., I wonder if it would still fit though. anyone have any good places to find good realiable parts, besides ebay. I need a exhaust manifold and one jub for a 99 sportster 717. New almost 900 bones, not looking to spend that much, after just spending 1200 on a new interior this winter! Thanks

Alljet

thanks for all the help guys, ALLJET.COM lists the 657 at 290978344 and 290978348 my sportster at 290979142. ANybody got any other good websites to check?

I tried Babbitts Robin and they go no further back than 1996, but you can find the engines on SBT....but of course, they don't do the exhaust. So I'm kinda at a dead end on that one. If I spent a lot more time on it, I could probably find a definitive answer on it. But I'm at work, so I don't have that kind of time right now.
I'll see what I can cross out later in the evening.
I have the same problem I should of only said riva they are the the one I use on my old seadoo they go back a few more years than babbitt

Engines too!...

And SBT goes back on the engines to 89 or 90, but they don't have anything on the exhaust.
What I can say, is if you have part numbers that don't match, then the part won't fit.
In doing these searches and cross references, if the part will match, they will have that on the same page. For instance, there are mpems that fit 5 or 6 years of different models.........but not all models.....so the part numbers have to match to whatever product your purchasing.
You might try www.seadoosource.com.....see what you can come up with there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back