717 mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnExplorer

So it's me again trying to find answers for my craving hunger for more power:lol: . I've been looking for some mods to push some more horses out of 717. I'm also interested in getting some speed if possible. First medicines I came across was this http://www.adaracing.com/personal-watercraft/head-kit-sea-doo-720-xp-hx-billet/sd720hdkit . Does it give any gains for the money it costs. Are they even suitable for boats? Manufacturer says carb jetting should not be required. Bolt-on job except changing the cooling circulation?

I was also looking for water intake grates. Again, are these even made for boats or jetskis only? Do they help with top speed or what do they do? Make it easier for the water to enter pump? I have already upgraded to aftermarket impeller and new wear ring, but didn't notice big differences compared to old one except the cavitation was gone.

I know most might think that I'm just gonna risk my engine's life with mods and I should be getting bigger engined boat. Heck, I haven't even seen another Sea-Doo jetboat around here :D . Well there's many questions and hope to get some answered. I used the search but most stuff I found was pretty much jetski-oriented.

Thanks again in advance

A 717 has it's limits. If you want a faster ski then buy a faster ski ....787, 951, 4 stroke with or w/o a super charger.

I think Chester said it best, "how fast do you want to spend?"

About about $1,000 (US$) you get about 1-3 mph gain. It isn't worth it on a 717. Keep it stock or buy another that can take the $2-4 K in mods that gives you the speed you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back