657x how does water flow into head or engine for cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttompetty

how does water flow from the exhaust into the head or engine for cooling purposes and then flow out the pee hole?
any help understanding this would be appreciated

ok, i should have spent more time reading the cooling system section of the manual,, i see that it flows from the tuned pipe into the engine and then out thru the drain hose at the bottom, if for some reason im still overheating i may have sucked up sand and will blow compressed air thru the drain hose on the bottom of engine?? if that dont work ill remove the tuned pipe and see if i can find the blockage.. replace with new gaskets,, any other suggestions are appreciated,, going to launch boat tomorrow morning and see whats going on,, thanks all

ok, starboard side engine worked fine as far as water coolant, like a dummy i forgot to put the port side intake hose on after i had the jet pump off,, live and learn..
but now the starboard side idles too low,, geez,, wouldnt idle in water so i will be reading posts on idle speed issues and calling the guy that rebuilt the carbs on that side and figuring out what to do next,, glad the boat launch is only a mile away.

lol, im sorry, i will try in the future to resolve my problems before posting.. i am so very new to this jet boat and rotax engines and am trying to pick the brains of anyone with knowledge,, i am truelly sorry if im making it harder for other members to find answers to their questions by taking up posting room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back