657 to 587 swap....is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boattechguy

I have a pristine 93 xp with a blown motor and a 93 xp with a trashed hull but a little use motor in it. can the motors be swapped and if so will the ignition box and the exhaust bolt up or will i have to change them too?

you'd have to move electronics over as well (i think, if i'm wrong a wrencher will correct me) but otherwise I think its a bolt on swap.

Im pretty tempted at this point because moneys tight and if i get the money to do the top end i might put it back in the spx and try to clean up the hull

well a two motor swap isn't a piece of cake, set the whole day aside, a weekend or two if this is your first rodeo, and a helper would be nice, also plan on a trip or two two the parts store for odd's en ends, and maybe a week's wait while a part gets shipped in, you might find some issues as you go along, well, let me rephrase that ... you WILL find some issues as you go along, if you don't, your the first guy in a coon's age to do a motor swap on two teenage ski's w/o having a single problem come up, so add a $100 to your budget right now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back