4-tec water flooded??

Status
Not open for further replies.

petejax

Is it possible to flood the 4-tec with the exhaust flush?? I have been doing the right procedure of starting the ski, turning on the hose, letting it run for 30 seconds or so, turning off the water, half throttle rev a couple times to get remaining water out of exhaust and then turning off motor. That’s what I read to do anyway.

Well, yesterday I did the same procedure except I noticed after about 15 to 20 seconds no water coming out of the exhaust. Immediately shut down ski and turn off water. Realize the flush attachment is clogged or something. Put it back on the ski and water shoots into the flush nozzle. I know it should’ve been started, but I was still trying to figure out why it wasn’t getting water. So, I start the ski, turn the hose on again, let it run for 30 seconds or so, turn hose off, rev engine and turn it off. Everything appears fine.

So, I’m putting it in the garage and drop the tongue to the ground until I get my cinder block in place to pick the tongue back up and get the ski level. As soon as I put the tongue on the ground, I hear what sounds like water flowing thru the jet ski. I have never heard that before and think “oh NO”. So, I lift the tongue up as high as it goes thinking water will pour out the back and nothing comes out.

Did I water flood my ski?? I pulled the dip stick today to see if the oil was milky and it didn’t appear to be. I’m thinking/wondering if it was possible to flood the ski in those seconds in which the water shot into the flush nozzle without the motor being started. I would’ve thought all the water would’ve come out once I ran it on the hose to properly flush it. But I have no clue of what that water/fluid running sound was when I let the tongue drop to the ground.

I asked my local tech the question and he just siad it was closed looped cooling system (which i knew) and it wasn't possible to "flood" the engine with the exhaust flush. If that's the case, I'm wondering why it's so important to not run the water with the engine off.

Any thoughts??

I own a 2008, 200 speedster.( twin 4-tec) The 4-tec engine has a open exhaust system that allows water to flow back into the exhaust if it isn't running. It needs the engine back pressure to keep it from flowing into the exhause. Look at the exhaust next time its running on the hose...water comes out the exhaust. The tech at the seadoo shop is mistaken. That little bit of a squirt shouldn't have hurt anything. The water might have been in the Hull of the seadoo and just ran forward when you put the tongue on the ground. Lift the tongue high and see if it comes out the rear with the plugs open.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back