2nd Battery Instal

Justus

Hi all, Sorry to probably ask what's been mentioned before but I can't seem to find anything in my search. I have a 2002 RX Di I want to install a 2nd battery up the front where there is space on RHS. I can't seem to find any info on anyone doing so or what type of battery mount to use? Can I simply fit some rivet nuts drilled in and bolt something down? Can I upgrade to get better charge for 2 batts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In 8 years of having this I still never been in water. Now is the time. Mainly Island hoping usage.

THese have a very poor charging system and can't be upgraded. They are no lik an alternator and will not bring up a dead battery, they will just maintain a charge.
You can install a second battery but you are going to have to charge it from shore power. Do not charge these batteries connected to the ski or you can fry the computer.

Thanks for info. I have a foldable/portable solar blanket I figured I could use if I stop at an island for a bit. Mainly it's the installation I can't seem to find if anyone has done it. I don't want to drill into glass and weaken or leak

Back