• This site contains eBay affiliate links for which Sea-Doo Forum may be compensated.

2020 SeaDoo GTX 230 is impossible to get to the fuel tank?

ctaylor

After having let the ski set during the off season it would sputter and not run. Of course, its "Water in the fuel" thanks to the ethanol gasoline additive, (I'll leave that political discussion out of it) And Of course I did add Stabil to the tank. Now..... you do know what must be done, drain the tank. Well that did not work because you can't get the siphon hose all down completely and in and around the bottom plus the fuel filter(s) needs to be changed. Bottom line is that I could not get to the top of the tank to remove the fuel pump assembly to gain access to the bottom of the tank. They say that 85% of problems with outboard engines is water in the fuel. This is a disaster to not be able to clean out the water in the tank. I understand it's a good idea for safety to have the pump and filter in the tank. But the tank needs to be accessible.

You can pull the connector at the fuel rail and every time you put the key on it will pump for about 10 seconds and a pint of fuel. Takes a little while but easy to drain the entire tank. You can snake a weighted flexible tube down the filler but not the easiest thing to do.

Water intrusion is not a typical problem for the 4tecs when they sit. Have you tried changing your plugs first?

You can pull the connector at the fuel rail and every time you put the key on it will pump for about 10 seconds and a pint of fuel. Takes a little while but easy to drain the entire tank. You can snake a weighted flexible tube down the filler but not the easiest thing to do.

Water intrusion is not a typical problem for the 4tecs when they sit. Have you tried changing your plugs first?
How is it that Water intrusion is not a typical problem for SeaDoo 4tecs when they sit? I did pull out a lot of water previously with a 12 volt pump but could not get it all. Then I replaced the old fuel with fresh new top grade fuel (50% more$ than regular) and fuel stabilizer. I cleaned the injectors and it ran better but the next day it did not. I wound up taking it to a place that could get to the fuel tank by removing the storage bin and the handle bar assembly which is ridiculous that one had to do all that. He was finally able to pump it out and swab the tank dry. AND, he showed me water collected by his Raco filter. The fuel filters were replaced as well and It now runs fine, like new. No I did not replace the plugs. I really don't want to go through all this again and money too, what do ya'll recommend going forward.

I agree with ski-doo we just do not see any complaints from op's about water in the fuel tank when storing with less than 10% ethanol fuel with a full tank and the fuel treated with a stabilizer for one storage season. Fuel contamination would be more likely.

If that was a question that is correct. A full tank will greatly reduce the condensation of the ethanol to water.

Seadoo electronics don’t like trickle chargers, either disconnect the battery from the ski when charging or even better pull the battery bring it indoors and put it on a smart charger.

Back