2020 230 GTX Limited Depth Finder

azzara

Hello, the depth finder on one of my 2020 230 GTXs is acting up. While idling or going slow the depth icon doesn’t show on the cluster, even when I scroll through the functions. Once I get up to a decent speed it will show, but throw crazy numbers that I know are wrong. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks in advance for the help.

I just had the same issue today in my first dip into the water this season. Same model, I was in 4' of water and it was telling me it was 133' deep and sometimes up to 330' deep in the river. Don't get me wrong I would love it if it were that deep. Going to call BRP tomorrrow since I still have the extended warranty.

I just had the same issue today in my first dip into the water this season. Same model, I was in 4' of water and it was telling me it was 133' deep and sometimes up to 330' deep in the river. Don't get me wrong I would love it if it were that deep. Going to call BRP tomorrrow since I still have the extended warranty.
Sorry to hear you are having the same issue. Mine just wont show sometimes. When I scroll through the options, while at idle or going slow its not there, when I'm really riding, its intermittent. I have 2, so I'm gonna swap the fuses and see where that gets me. If you don't mind, can you let me know what BRP says about your issue?

Took me a couple of days to get to calling. They advised me to try the steps in the install guide, at the bottom are T/Sing steps: https://brp.my.salesforce-sites.com...te?#id=kA00c000000yCvHCAU&googtrans(en|en_US)

When I went to go reseat mine it slid right out, one of the connector pins was sheared off and laying next to it. Would explain the 'air between the unit and gel pad' issue and inconsistent readings. Also my gel pad that was factor installed is solid like fiberglass, and not stuck to the unit. Waiting for a local shop to call me back because I still have the BEST warranty active on it.

Took me a couple of days to get to calling. They advised me to try the steps in the install guide, at the bottom are T/Sing steps: https://brp.my.salesforce-sites.com...te?#id=kA00c000000yCvHCAU&googtrans(en|en_US)

When I went to go reseat mine it slid right out, one of the connector pins was sheared off and laying next to it. Would explain the 'air between the unit and gel pad' issue and inconsistent readings. Also my gel pad that was factor installed is solid like fiberglass, and not stuck to the unit. Waiting for a local shop to call me back because I still have the BEST warranty active on it.
I appreciate you sending this over. I will give the T/S steps a shot and see how I make out. I'll will def let you know the results.

Because I am covered by the BEST warranty still the local shop was able to order a replacement (find out if any available and how long to come in). Given that its a $450 part, if you had to come out of pocket for the same reason I would suggest looking at other ways of securing it in. Very poor design on the mounting system. With how close it is to the engine it will heat and cool regularly and cause the plastic to become brittle.

Back