2019 Spark Trip 2UP: Random RPM Drop

JmgeheeAL

Looking for some guidance here. Ski is a 2019 with only 60 hours, I run 93 octane.

Randomly the ski will pull power (drop RPM) and go right back to max RPM. I can't seem to replicate it with any riding conditions; its appears to be completely random. It will do it when WOT going top speed form 48MPH down to 40 ish or when our of the hole all of the power isn't there and then BAM it kicks in..and sometimes goes away.

Any ideas?

Hello! I had the same issue with my 19 spark. Dropped 1000 rpms real fast. Fixed it by replacing the ignition coils, and cleaning the fuel injectors. Check first to see if your ignition coils are corroded by looking where the plug makes contact with the coil, and pulling the boot off and looking at the condition of the spring. The coils, if bad, do not function properly when hot (wot). Try the coils first!

Hello! I had the same issue with my 19 spark. Dropped 1000 rpms real fast. Fixed it by replacing the ignition coils, and cleaning the fuel injectors. Check first to see if your ignition coils are corroded by looking where the plug makes contact with the coil, and pulling the boot off and looking at the condition of the spring. The coils, if bad, do not function properly when hot (wot). Try the coils first!
Thank you, I have new coils and plugs ordered since I’m sure they’ve never been changed!
I will keep the thread updated

Back