2019 Sea doo gti 155 max speed only 45 mph

treyson2

Hi guys I'm looking for some help. This summer on my first trip out my 2019 gti 155(47 hrs) would only hit 45mph at about 6300 rpm's. That's about 17 or 18mph less than the last time I rode it last year. I had the right keypad replaced(after last ride of 23) due to a R keypad error message. Could that be the problem? Brought it home to shop and had plugs changed, inspection done and they changed a Map sensor. Still runs the same. It runs fine getting to 45mph but it's like the 2nd half of throttle does nothing. I've seen other posts with same problem that show no resolution. The shop said they were even on the phone with brp and they can't figure it out.

It's power by wire, so the keypad replace is probably causing your problem, and TPS signals definitely go to the keypad. There is an idle reset procedure if you mess with the TPS or change the Throttle Body, but that doesn't sound right if it idles fine.

It's power by wire, so the keypad replace is probably causing your problem, and TPS signals definitely go to the keypad. There is an idle reset procedure if you mess with the TPS or change the Throttle Body, but that doesn't sound right if it idles fine.
Thanks so much for the reply! Do you mean they may have messed up something when they changed the keypad or that the keypad is bad? What should I ask them to do next? I believe it was idling ok. I'm just frustrated that they couldn't figure it out and told me to take it out on the water and see how it runs. Apparently their shop test is in a small pool or something and causes cavitation(so they said)which doesn't simulate an open water ride.?? Should they not be able to see if a sea doo is reaching max rpm's?

Right, dealers can be very frustrating when they break shit when they are fixing something else. If it ran fine before they worked on it then its about 95% certain they broke it when they were worked on it. The keypad is part of the power by wire system and if they talked to BRP they know they probably messed something up when they changed the keypad. Lesson to be learned, never accept and put away a ski that's been worked on without making sure they didn't break something. Take it back to the dealer and hopefully they man up and fix your ski.

Right, dealers can be very frustrating when they break shit when they are fixing something else. If it ran fine before they worked on it then its about 95% certain they broke it when they were worked on it. The keypad is part of the power by wire system and if they talked to BRP they know they probably messed something up when they changed the keypad. Lesson to be learned, never accept and put away a ski that's been worked on without making sure they didn't break something. Take it back to the dealer and hopefully they man up and fix your ski.
Thank you again for the reply. My concern is they had it for 2 weeks and say they couldn't figure it out. What do I ask them to look at now? The power by wire system?

So when you brought it home to shop, was the shop that did the map sensor the same shop that did the keypad?

The "right keypad error" can cause the ski to go into "limp home mode" which is reduced power and RPM similar to what you have. The new keypad should have fixed the error but possibly the limp home mode needs to be cleared with dealer software "BUDS". Have them run a diagnostic test and clear any active or stored codes and if that doesn't work get them back on the phone with BRP techs and get it figured out.

Back