• This site contains eBay affiliate links for which Sea-Doo Forum may be compensated.

2017 Spark - Dead ski ....but problem solved.

Ckrawiec

OK...quick story......went out move the 2017 Spark 2UP (floating at my dock). It was started and launched 2 weeks prior with no issues.

Pressed the Start button to wake her up....NOTHING.....dead.....should have gotten the WELCOME message on the center guage. Battery is good, all fuses checked out.

Problem....NO electric power (so it would seem).....checked Start/Stop button (good continuity, no problem there), checked wiring harness connectors for corrosion (all good).

Simple solution......the RELAY [OMRON #13502750] plugged into the fuse box was faulty.....ordered 2 new ones on Amazon, got in less than 24 hours.....plugged a new one in and all is well. NOTE....this relay is a fairly common automotive part, you can probably find it at Autozone or elsewhere.

PROBLEM - NOT solved apparently. The ski is dead again, no response on the button push, battery is charged....it is on the trailer behind the house....guess I gotta open her up for a look see! Dang!

Dang, brother! I had the same issue and saw your earlier post here. But I went the lazy route and just had the dealer check it out and they replaced the same relay for $120.

I'm running fine, hope you get going soon.

Back