2016 Seadoo GTR 215 Rough running no acceleration

Big Sugar

Have a 2016 Seadoo GTR 215, with 33 hours on it, and it has had some issues the past two seasons. I took it to a shop for evaluation as a check engine warning came on, but seemed to be running still fairly well. Had it checked, and the shop[ replaced the throttle position sensor. This season took out, and runs rough, and hesitates again a check engine warning came on, so took it back to the same shop, and they changed the MAP sensor, as that is what the code stated was the issue. I then asked the shop a Certified BRP dealer to water test the unit locally of course for a fee, and they cam back and said the same check engine code came up for the MAP sensor.
That was July 2024, and the shop said they were looking into what the problem might be, but i never heard back from them for 3 months, as when I called (once per month)as to if any progress, they wanted to clear the codes and go water test the machine again before giving me the ok to pickup. Well here in Canada we run out of season by late September, and I just went and Paid the invoice they had and picked up the machine and put into storage in my garage for the winter, as we agreed to give it another try next year to see if the problem can be rectified. This machine has never sunk or been swamped, been beat on a bit with hard acceleration and hard turns, and jumping some waves, but never an overheating issue, engine fires right up. Changed the battery once, as it went dead over the winter. My apologies for the long post, I am just wondering if anyone inside this forum has ever had an issue like this, or could make a suggestion on how to approach getting the machine repaired.
I thank you in advance.

Back