2013 RXT 260 no power or beeping

NodaBen

I have a 2013 RXT260. Put in a brand new battery 2 weeks ago and it started right up. 1 week later I took it to a car wash bay to do a much needed wash. After I finished washing, the ski would not start. No clicking, beeping, or anything as if the ski is completely dead. Disconnected and reconnected the battery but still nothing.

After some research, there seem to be a few areas to troubleshoot. One is making sure the ground is properly connected and the other is the 30amp relay could be bad.

Any other suggestions before taking it to a PWC shop?

Sounds battery related; did you attempt to jump start the ski?

Pull the battery and have it tested for voltage and amperage. Then check all your fuses.

Thanks for the response. The battery is brand new but I will test it again. I tried jumping it with my other ski but no luck. my next step is to test the fuses to see if there are any issues there. I pulled the individual fuses but they all looked good when looking at them. Might still be faulty though.

Haven't checked the rely though so that might be an issue

Yea ... there's a warning sticker on the hull ... DO NOT JUMP START! I've heard if tends to fry the ECU.

Weird! I had a 2012 Wake 155 come into the shop today with the exact same issue. The 30A relay was bad.

Checked the 30A relay and it looked corroded and wasn't reading properly. Order a new one so hoping that will do the trick. Thanks

Back